[SWLUG] Improvements

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Jun 2 16:35:57 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 05:09:30PM +0100 or thereabouts, Rhys Sage wrote:
> As far as selling myself goes, I'm absolutely useless at doing that. I can
> stand on a street corner and yell "I'm great" but I'm most definitely not a
> salesman. In fact, a lot of my "jobsearch" involves using Spam-Master (the
> mass emailing program I wrote), combined with Harvester (my email address
> harvesting program) and running them in conjunction with the Jobserve
> directory of employers and agencies.

I am trying to think how to put this politely.

Is it possible that using a tool with the word 'spam' in the
name and a technique that sounds very spammy is not the the
best way to sell yourself?

> Regarding the possibility of a barbecue, I'd say the best place is
> on the beach near Swansea University. It's where most people have
> their barbecues. Just try to keep it away from the dunes and the
> car park or we'll have some rather strange men inviting themselves.

Eh? I have been attending beach parties, bonfires, and barbecues
on the beach near the university in that dell in the dunes for twelve
years now, and I think that there may be people on the list who have
been doing it for longer.

I can assure you that the strangest people on the beach have
been us.

Telsa