[SWLUG] Very strange!

bryn hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 21:18:03 UTC 2003

>>make them rewrite them on half a side of A4 and no more. There's way too
>>much hot air in the world and way too many civil servants pumping it out!
>

> You've obviously never worked on anything safety-critical.

Have to say I agree - even for projects which are just plain big. I'm
someone who definately appreciates the value of a less structured
approach (ok, hacking) in the right situation, I also have to say
though, as someone who has spent time working for a company with *no
process whatsoever* that it's a pretty miserable way to try and manage
large projects.

The only people who aren't stressed are the people who ought to be
overseeing the process aspects ;)

Bryn