[SWLUG] Introduction

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 15:53:35 UTC 2003

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 02:45:53PM +0000 or thereabouts, George Currums wrote:
> Thank you got the kind welcome...
>
> I will be living around 20 minutes away from Cardiff and 15 minutes
> away from Swansea, so i will be able to attend both no problems.

We really need a better venue for Swansea: even a pub that accepts
under-18s would do. But we haven't got one yet. We had hopes of a
sort of community-run coffee place, but I have only ever found it
open once.

Perhaps we should look at scrounging a university room again, if
we can get it free (ie: ask a lecturer or post-grad, not the
conference department).

When it's summer, we shall just have to have a picnic or something :)

> I have one problem, when i get an e-mail from the list and i goto
> reply it says it came from the person who sent it (their email)
> and not the mailing list e-mail address. So i had to manually
> replace your address with the mailing list address.

Actually, I don't think Richard's reply came through the list.
I didn't see it. It came directly from him. Hence hitting reply
got you his address.

If you want to reply to a mail from the list, you will find that
the Reply-To is automatically to the sender, not to the list.
Different mailers have different ways to deal with this. I see
you are using Sylpheed (it's in your headers). I don't know
how to do it that way. But there are typically (r)eply options,
and (g)roup-reply options (both to list and to sender). Newer
mailers also supply a (L)ist-reply option, so that your reply
goes only to the list without a second copy going to the
original sender.

The things in brackets are the keys that produce those in mutt
(text mailer). I don't know what the other mailers use for those
options.

Telsa (and yes, this was sent to the list)

PS: Welcome to the list!