[SWLUG] Keyboard failure Mandrake 8.2

STEPHEN CONSTANTINOU stephanos at writeme.com
Sun Mar 9 15:50:40 UTC 2003

Dear All

Thanks for the feedback regarding my keyboard failing in KDE (2.2.2).

Here is some additional information:
1)  The problem does not occur in Windows
2)  I boot straight into KDE and when I log out I remain in
a GUI type environment, so I do not know how to test for
keyboard failure at the commmand line.  I would like to do
this but how do I get out of KDE and start KDE again from the
command line.
3)  Not sure what "Coke incompatibility event" means, sorry.
4)  "Does it still stop working if you don't start X/KDE at
all? Something like adding a '3' to the LILO or GRUB boot
command line will probably manage this."  I like this
suggestion, but yes you guesed it I have no idea how to
implement it.
5)  I went into the BIOS and played around a little using the
keyboard and there was no failure.

Any further help appreciated

Stephen (Swansea, Wales, UK)