[SWLUG] selecting a DNS domain

Tim Bonnell Tim.Bonnell at CarringtonWire.com
Fri May 2 09:13:48 UTC 2003

I've wanted to set up a DNS name server on my server at home for a while
now. I've even read the HOWTOs and tested it (sucessfully!). However I
always bottle out on the issue of a specifying a domain name.

I know I need to use a domain that WONT conflict with the outside world, but
everything I come up with a) looks unbelievable (e.g. home.bogus) or b) is
excessively long (e.g. server1.internal.mydomain.co.uk)

What do other people use?

Regards,	Tim

| Tim.Bonnell at CarringtonWire.com                 |
| IT Manager - Carrington Wire Cardiff           |
| PO Box 56, Pengam Works, Cardiff CF24 2WR      |
| Tel:+44(0) 29 20256100 Fax:+44(0) 29 20256101  |
| www.CarringtonWire.com                         |

****** Internet Email Confidentiality ******
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

relate to the official business of Carrington Wire Ltd shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it.