[SWLUG] Mulicard Reader in MDK 9.0

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue May 6 08:28:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 07:35, Foeh Mannay wrote:
> Indeed - a friend of mine recompiled his kernel to make his sound card work,
> only to find that his network card stopped. It turned out the default kernel
> options on whichever version of redhat he had at the time for some reason
> defaulted to turning off NE2000 support. I'm guessing it's the same thing but
> with 8139too or something.
Thats because the kernels default config option list is not the same as
the ones used to compile the kernel for redhat.

If you install the kernel-source package on a redhat system you will
find a directory called 'configs' just inside the kernel source
directory.   You should copy the appropriate kernel*.config file to
.config int he top of the kernel tree, then do 'make oldconfig'

You now have the same setup as the kernel your system shipped with, and
can make any appropriate adjustments.