[SWLUG] Re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #255 - 6 msgs

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 14:13:21 UTC 2003

re: uncontrolled shutdown. Just my tuppence but... is the PSU overheating? Are all the fans working efficiently? My AT machine has a fan that has been making a dreadful noise for the last two years. It'll blow eventually but I see no point in replacing it until it does. In fact, when it does, I'll build a new machine with a new PSU and just port over my hard drives. I'm still thinking about that external modem of mine. It has a 9pin and 25pin connection. The 9 pin is a very sloppy fit and my Linux box won't take the 25pin (wrong gender). The 25pin fits snugly on my PC and Win 98 recognises what it is. Linux can't recognise it so I don't know whether the modem is stuffed or it's just the 9-pin plug that's stuffed. My laptop has the correct 25-pin port but as I'm running NT4 on the laptop, there's a severe driver problem. I learnt to let NT4 to do what it wants, when it wants - it's too stable to complain about its lack of drivers. Rhys