[SWLUG] Re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #256 - 6 msgs

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 19:54:36 UTC 2003

Thanks for the info Dick. I downloaded and printed all 107 pages. Read through it and found the bit about the modem connections. I sent an AT and had a response.

I ended up with Minicom being the required Modem dialler. Thus far, no luck getting through but there's always hope. I lifted the reciever of the shared line and heard a faint click as it tried to connect but as it kept complaining: "No dial tone", either the dial tone it's listening for needs to be changed or I need to swop the phoneline cable from the Line socket to the Phone socket on the modem.

It looks superficially as though I'm getting there. All I need now is to get the wretched thing to dial and speak to my ISP. (I did go through the setup options and set up a configuration script).

Rhys