[SWLUG] SCO a stalking horse??

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Tue May 20 13:54:06 UTC 2003

i'd've thought it was just a cheap way to add fud to the 'gpl is dangerous
argument', by licensing they aim to give legitimacy to the ip claims without
having to be any part of the dispute and thus are in no danger of 'being
proven wrong'.
what i find interesting is the continued (untill a few days ago) offering of
sco's linux vai ftp,
the jury has yet to sit (if it ever does) on whether this means sco have
actually gpl'd any 'inadvertently included' ip or not, is this going to be a
legal test of the gpl, if so then expect the conspiracy theorists to claim
that a test of the gpl in court is what this is all about,
me, i wonder how much stock the head honchos of sco held prior to all this and
what it's worth now :)

bascule

--
- "There have been...accidents."