Netiquette (was Re: [SWLUG] Installing RH via NFS ; -)) "help! I'm being oppressed!"

Dick Porter dick at acm.org
Thu May 22 16:13:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 16:54, Gareth James Powell wrote:
> Hi,
>   Top posting does seem to punch some peoples buttons, resulting in
> increased blood pressure, inflammable emails, and lots of bad feeling
> for such a trivial topic. I'm just contrary by nature and will do it
> because I'm told (told off more like it!) not to, live and let live
> eh? Go have a pint ot two tonight and relax butty.

You might find more (and more useful) responses to your questions if you
present your email in a way that is easier to follow.

For example, I don't bother to respond to emails with the stupid
disclaimers, and I'm much less likely to answer a question in a long
series of unedited, top-posted responses.  HTML mail is likely to just
go straight to the spam folder, too :)

Top-posted, unedited responses just make it look like a marketroid was
let loose unsupervised.

- Dick