[SWLUG] FAQ?

Will James willjames100 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 23 10:28:35 UTC 2003

> Gareth James Powell wrote:

> Hi,
>   Top posting does seem to punch some peoples buttons, resulting in
> increased blood pressure, inflammable emails, and lots of bad feeling
> for such a trivial topic. I'm just contrary by nature and will do it
> because I'm told (told off more like it!) not to, live and let live
> eh? Go have a pint ot two tonight and relax butty.
>
> Regards,
> Gareth.

>> On Thu, 22 May 2003, Dick Bain wrote:

>>  oh I say bad form (exploding spleen)
>>  Dick

>>> Now, now, let's not be setting a trend ...

>>> --

Hear hear, Chris. Without pointing the finger, to me it is obvious that
any collective follows certain conventions in order to best achieve its
goals. You either buy into that or you find a different organisation that
suits you better. It helps however if all parties are aware of what those
conventions are. Given the aficionado/newbie disparity (I'm sooo in the
latter category), perhaps a FAQ for the site would be a good idea? (aargh,
there's probably one already isn't there? Don't shoot!)

Will James
email at willjames.co.uk