[SWLUG] 'windows lusers' or 'marketing droids'

justin at discordia.org.uk justin at discordia.org.uk
Sat May 24 13:48:06 UTC 2003

On 24 May, Rhys Sage wrote:
> Interestingly, my laptop runs faster than my desktop.
> I try to view MP3 video on the desktop and it's all
> jerky.

MP3 is an audio format, short for MPEG1 Layer3

You are thinking of MPEG4 video

> Two questions:
> 1. Does anybody know of a Linux mud that I can stuff
> onto my Linux box?

You can always download a copy of AberMUD, the system Alan wrote many
moons ago, just do a quick search for it, its pretty famous.

> It'd help if it's precompiled as I
> don't have a Linux-based compiler for any language.
Yes you do, they come as part of every distribution, there will be a C
and C++ compiler, plus loads of other languages if you installed the
packages.

To test if you have the C compiler installed, just type 'cc' in a
command prompt. If it says something like 'cc: no input files' then you
have a standard C compiler installed. ditto typing 'c++'

> 2. Does anybody know of any vacancies for Delphi/C++
> programmers/PC technicians?
Theres always low paying jobs for windows 'programmers' in delphi or vb,
it seems to tbe the predominant job on offer around here, you just arent
looking very hard i guess.