[SWLUG] Re: 'windows lusers' or 'marketing droids'

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 16:08:16 UTC 2003

> You can always download a copy of AberMUD, the
> system Alan wrote many
> moons ago, just do a quick search for it, its pretty
> famous.

Well, I looked for aberMUD. I found the manual but not the mud. I did
however find a nice-looking game where you peddle drugs and shoot policemen.
Sounds so antisocial it might even be fun.

> > It'd help if it's precompiled as I
> > don't have a Linux-based compiler for any
> language.
> Yes you do, they come as part of every distribution,
> there will be a C
> and C++ compiler, plus loads of other languages if
> you installed the
> packages.
>
> To test if you have the C compiler installed, just
> type 'cc' in a
> command prompt. If it says something like 'cc: no
> input files' then you
> have a standard C compiler installed. ditto typing
> 'c++'

Last login: Sun May 18 01:09:41 2003 from pc-00011
Welcome to the Mitel Networks SME Server.
[root at zeus root]# cc
bash: cc: command not found

[root at zeus root]# C++
bash: C++: command not found
[root at zeus root]#

> > 2. Does anybody know of any vacancies for
> Delphi/C++
> > programmers/PC technicians?
> Theres always low paying jobs for windows
> 'programmers' in delphi or vb,
> it seems to tbe the predominant job on offer around
> here, you just arent
> looking very hard i guess.

I presume "here" is in Cardiff? I look in Swansea and can't find anything at
all. The best I've seen for weeks was one working with Shelter Cymru as a PC
Technician. I don't mind that as long as I don't have to fix PCs when there
are stinky tramps around. Could you let me know what you mean by low-paying
and where programming jibs might be? It's very spartan here.

Rhys