[SWLUG] Linux newbie, again!

Gareth Bowker bowkerg at teccon.co.uk
Tue May 27 08:24:36 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 11:59, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > I suspect next time I upgrade I may try Debian,
> > though downloading stuff off the net with dial up seems a bit of a non
> > starter so its off to the Linux Emporium next month to by the full
> > Debian set.
>
> You can get a ~30MB ISO which has the base system on, which includes ppp
> to dial you up to the net after the initial reboot. I can also burn you
> a set of woody CDs if you want to avoid slooow downloads, or someone
> closer to home (I'm in Cambridge atm) can probably help you out.

I have the Debian Woody DVD from Linux Emporium. If anyone would like to
borrow it, then just let me know and I'll bring it along to the next
LUG. I've also got the XFS install CD that Rob mentioned, as well as an
update CD to r0 (iirc).

Gareth
--
| Gareth Bowker           | <bowkerg at teccon.co.uk> |