[SWLUG] Re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #272 - 3 msgs

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 11:43:57 UTC 2003

 > Justin lives in Swansea. Where have you actually
> tried looking for jobs?
> There's no point us listing loads of job sites etc
> if you've already
> looked at them :) Having said that, my parents (both
> Windows
> programmers) seem to get a lot of stuff through
> JobServe.

Well, I've been banging my CV off to agencies for a
long time with a few interviews initially but none for
over a year. I don't think there's anything much wrong
with my CV - I even had the Careers Dept at Swansea
Uni look over it for me.

The problem is agencies - all the jobs seem to be via
agencies - and of course, that's all that's on the
jobs bulletin boards. I can bang my CV off to agencies
until I'm blue in the face and beyond - they don't
actually seem to send it to the employer.

Rhys