[SWLUG] No compiler on SME

Dick Porter dick at acm.org
Tue May 27 20:33:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 20:49, Rhys Sage wrote:
> I just did another test to see if there's a C++ compiler on SME Linux. It
> appears from the following copy and paste that there isn't. Where is it
> possible to get one from? I'm dead keen to run a simple private mud.

Looks like you're trying to use a single-purpose firewall distribution
as a general purpose server.  It's not surprising it doesn't come with a
compiler.

(I finally tracked down this elusive "SME Linux" - its the e-smith
distro since bought out by Mitel.  http://www.e-smith.org/philosophy/
has some info.)

- Dick