[SWLUG] chrooted named

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 10:29:55 UTC 2003

Hi all,
I've just installed fedora core 1 on one of the less critical servers at work.

It comes with bind configurable to run chrooted in /var/named/chroot, and
although I've not worked with chrooted daemons before I thought It'd be goood
to get some practice.

I was wondering how other people work with bind's zone files when configured
liek this? (or any chrooted config files really) I normally do the bind edits
by hand, but typing things like:

vi /var/named/chroot/var/named/foo.bar.zone gets boring!

I thought of either symlinking the files into the normal /var/named dir or
using a script to copy files over and signal named.

How do other people do this? (Or am I just being lazy ;)

Cheers

Bryn