[SWLUG] Immediate panic on boot

Chris M. Jackson chris at zenii.linux.org.uk
Sat Nov 29 01:26:33 UTC 2003

This might be a no-brainer, though it might also be rather difficult (this
depends greatly on the level of stupidity I applied to my kernel
configuration).  Having freshly built a 2.4.22 kernel, I am immediately
getting a panic without a message appearing on the screen to tell me what
it's tripping over.

Information that might be appropriate:
Athlon XP processor, 256MB RAM, kernel built for arch "athlon", without
bigmem or SMP (since I have no need of either), using gcc-3.2.2 on a
machine previously (and now currently) running the Red Hat stock 2.4.20-6
kernel.

Any further pointers on other info which might be useful would be
very helpful.

TIA,