[SWLUG] Audio Ripping CDs

Dominic Pearson kryptops at syn-ack.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 14:02:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:14:13 +0100
"Davage, Marcus" <Marcus.Davage at LloydsTSB.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I bought an audio CD a while ago, but have recently found that it is
> now scratched. I borrowed a friend's copy and tried to copy it using
> Linux-Mandrake-supplied GUI software (x-cd-roast, grip, ripperx,
> eroaster). I dismally failed to find any way of successfully
> duplicating an audio CD.
>
> Oh, well. Boot up windows, start Nero. Click copy. Wait. Eject.
> Finished.
>
> And my wife wonders why I waste time bothering with Linux at all. So
> do I sometimes.

I just do 'cdparanoia -B && cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=4 track*.cdda.wav'.
Works great, if you don't mind a two second gap in between each track
that is. I understand that the program 'cdrdao' can do DAO mode and
eliminate the gaps, but I haven't used it myself. Some examples can be
found at http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialCDBurn.html.

Kryptops