[SWLUG] Hardware for sale

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Tue Sep 30 22:36:27 UTC 2003

I hope you'll excuse my posting, but before I try and ebay off some of
this stuff, or invoke ucam.misc.forsale (or .giveaway), I thought I'd
see if anyone local was interested in any of this. I'm just trying to
clear out a few things which have accumulated and are cluttering up my
room (and to my Mum's annoyance, the living room too). All 2nd hand
stuff, but known working unless otherwise stated.

I'm off to uni on Sunday, so if people want to claim any of this that's
not easily postable, and aren't coming to the meeting tomorrow, it'd
need to be collected from my house (Cyncoed, Cardiff). Prices are all
negotiable, I'm probably way off in the value of some things. Refunds if
dissatisfied and you can get the stuff back to me.

Direct enquiries to me off-list to avoid spamming people.

Regards,
Rob

Stuff for £50 (ONO):
* Sound Blaster Live! Platinum, with the Live Drive (line in/out, mic,
headphone, MIDI, SP/DIF and optical in/out) thingy on the front, and all
original cables, manuals and doo-hickeys. Was £120 new (a few years back
mind), works great with Linux.
* Eicon Diva ISDN TA. Connects over serial - a very nice bit of kit, can
be configured with serial console configurator to speak various flavours
of ISDN, and just appears to the computer as a somewhat fast modem. With
PSU, manuals, etc. Much easier than faffing around with PCI cards and
drivers and stuff!
* Actiontec ADSL USB/Ethernet Modem/Router. ADSL adapter with an
ethernet socket and an USB socket (the USB appears to be just a USB
ethernet adapter that's plugged in to the ethernet internally).
Configurable over HTTP to do masquerading, static routing, port
forwarding, etc. Nearly new, with all cables, PSU, microfilters, quick
start page, and windows setup CD.

Stuff for £20:
* Suntek Vision ATX case. Black, with a 300W (I think) PSU, and a cool
Ximian monkey sticker on top. Clip on/off sides. Might have some 80cm
fans but it's stuck in the corner of my room so I can't check. Has a
blow (suck?) hole cut in the bottom because the front fan mounting gets
crappy airflow.
* Belkin USB hub with 4 USB ports and a serial and parallel port. With
PSU and driver disk for windoze.

Stuff for £15:
* ~P100 (can't remember) mini tower system, onboard sound & VGA, mystery
size RAM (maybe 32) and HDD, FDD and 4x CD.
* Packard Bell desktop P75, 16MB ram (?), ~800Mb HDD, 4x CD, onboard
video.

Stuff for £10:
* Olivetti JP90 portable printer, half A4 footprint, can be battery
powered, with parallel cable, PSU, drivers, and some cartridges. Can't
remember if it does colour - I think so.
* 80s style colour VGA monitors (I have 3 to sell).
* D-link PCI USB card, 2 sockets. Windoze drivers disk.
* Dell 486 DX2, 16Mb RAM (I think), 450Mb HDD, no other drives, on board
video. Rock solid system, nearly wrapped around uptime under Linux 2.2
but there was a power cut at ~430 days. :(
* Quantum Fireball 2.5GB drive.
* P75 desktop system, mystery size RAM and Quantum HDD, no FDD/CD,
onboard video.
* v90 PCI winmodem with drivers. Dunno if linux can drive it. Might be
able to find the cables too.

Stuff for £5:
* Sound Blaster 16, ISA with jumpers.
* Sound Blaster 16 Vibra. A smaller card, ISA PnP.
* ISA Multi-IO card with jumpers, has 2x IDE, 2x serial & parallel.
* ISA NE2000 compatible network cards, combo with RJ45 & BNC, with
terminators and driver disks included if I can match them up, some PnP,
some require weird DOS program to change IO/IRQ/etc. 9 to sell.
* AT keyboards, some clicky, some not. 5 to sell.
* Slimline desktop 386s, ~200MB HDD, ~8MB RAM, FDD, onboard VGA. Very
nifty systems, nearly silent, 4 to sell.
* Mystery 486 systems with unknown RAM & HDD size. On board video, FDDs.

Stuff for £2:
* No-name ISA radio card, has external aeriel wire and internal audio
connection. Dunno what chip. Windoze software to make it go.
* IBM mwave ISA sound/modem combo card, an early winmodem of sorts.
requires bizzare DOS driver to load the DSP.
* ISA "high speed" serial IO card - just a 16650 UART (16 bit buffer)
for systems (like 486s and below) that have 16550s (1 bit buffer).
* Mitsumi CD drive, says "CD-Recordable" but I have no idea if it is, or
what speed. 1998 vintage.
* Mitsumi 4x CD drive.
* A bunch (20+) of 30pin 1Mb SIMMs.
* Three CPU fans of unknown working order - 2x coolermaster socket 7,
and one official AMD Athlon cooler (this works fine, but isn't very good
at cooling modern Athlons :-).
* Packard Bell IO remote control, with serial dongle reciever. Might be
able to find the Win9x driver disk, but you can make it go on Linux with
lirc. Has a 4-way direction pad, left & right button, numbers, volume,
and some menu/multimedia keys.
* PCMCIA NE2000 network card with dongle and driver disk. Mis-shapen,
but I think it still works.