[SWLUG] cheap laser printers ??

Gareth Lewis Gareth.Lewis at patent.gov.uk
Mon Apr 19 10:33:24 UTC 2004

Hi peeps,

Has anyone had a close look at the rash of 'cheap' laser printers that are on the market these days ?

I've noticed that some machines are available for around 100 quid BUT,   the one i looked at was a USB one - with dubious linux conpatability and a new cart was 70 quid !

is it still a better bet to spend (quite a lot) more initially and get a HP with ps and ethernet in the hope that any 'nix version should cope and i should be able to find recycled carts for a resonable price ?

I don't print a whole lot of stuff at home, but that's partially the fault of my crappy inkjet.

G.