[SWLUG] Re: cheap laser printers ??

Carter N. N.Carter at Swansea.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 11:55:00 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I understand that for legal purposes, it is important that tampering is
apparent, so lawyers prefer ink prints over laser prints.

Toner does not necessarily 'alter' the paper since it forms a layer on top
of it, in contrast to pigment/dye based inks which do modify the physical
properties of the 'fabric'. There are special 'permanent' inks available in
art shops, but I've not seen inkjet cartridges labelled in such a way.

I'm no lawyer, so I can't verify the accuracy of this legal stuff, but I
hope it helps.

Neil
Neil Carter            Psychology Department
IT Technician    University of Wales Swansea
                       Wales, United Kingdom

http://psy.swansea.ac.uk/staff/Carter/