[SWLUG] cheap laser printers ??

Lyn David Thomas lyn at trebute.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Apr 24 09:16:27 UTC 2004

On 23 Apr 2004 11:21:25 +0100
Justin Mitchell <justin at discordia.org.uk> wrote:

> We have a HL-1440 printer in SUCS (the student computer society), that
> gets rather a lot of use (its free to members) but has only had one
> replacement toner cartridge in the last 2 years, and that was a
> recycled one.

One solution is a second hand laser printer... I work at Track 2000 in
Cardiff and we recycle such things.  Typically we offer a second hand
laser printer for a donation of about __15 - __20.

I have one that I have used for over a year and something like 700 pages
later its still printing, though your mileage will vary, we have no idea
how much toner is left in each machine.
--
Lyn David Thomas