[SWLUG] Toner

swlug at azem.org swlug at azem.org
Sat Apr 24 14:55:38 UTC 2004

> It is possible to refill the toner cartridges. In my
> garage I have an ancient photocopier. I refilled its
> cartridges with some old laser printer "soot" bought
> from a junkbox in a shop. That worked quite well. But
> be careful if you do this. That stuff is carcinogenic.
>
> Rhys

 it is not carcinogenic, i have it on good authority that this is a rumour,
like bubblegum surrounding your heart if you swallow it! however, being a
finely ground wax, it would not do any good to breathe it in.  this also goes
for other components in electrical and electronic equipment such as the
aluminium dust applied to the inside of a CRT, this causes neurological
conditions such as ..... um......... thingy, er,  ...... alzheimers, and is
invisible in the air after you have shot your telly! (or just smashed your
old 14" monitor)