[SWLUG] Any tips on locating this file.

P.G. Richardson phantompgr at btopenworld.com
Tue Aug 17 11:48:39 UTC 2004

Neil,

For your latter suggestion. Try using find with the -mtime <no. of day>
parameter. I use this for doing incremental backups. It picks up all
files modified since so many days ago. so "find / -mtime 30" should pick
up all files in the last month although a little more syntax would
probably be in order but you get the idea.

You could minimise the number of files depending on how you installed mysql.
If from tarball you could generate a find script that only looks at
those files listed in the tarball.
If from rpm use rpm -q --filesbypkg <mysql package name> to likewise get
a list of files.

Oh and hi for the first time as I have been lurking on the discussion
group but never actually contributed before!!

Regards

Paul

P.G. Richardson
phantompgr at btopenworld.com