[SWLUG] more mp3 player problems

justin at discordia.org.uk justin at discordia.org.uk
Mon Aug 23 20:20:25 UTC 2004

On 23 Aug, bascule wrote:
> a linux box serving mp3s via its soundcard, playlist management that doesn't
> buffer each song only after the previous has finished playing, a windows
> client - this must have been done surely?

Try 'tunez' http://tunez.sourceforge.net/

I use it as a frontend that feeds songs into an icecast server, but it
can equally well cope with playing the music files on the local machine
(local to the webserver its running on that is)

afaics (ive never needed local playback) it runs its own little daemon
that actually plays the songs, the UI just queues tracks for it, so in
theory it wont need to run a program for each track. but thats just a
guess, youll have to poke around int he scripts to be sure.