[SWLUG] use Fedora Core 2 instead

swlug at azem.org swlug at azem.org
Tue Aug 24 13:38:14 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 11:43 am, Michael Parker wrote:
> If anyone knows which exams would be good for a "wannabe sysadmin
> who has a bit of freetime on his hands" then please do share :)

I have recently completed Unix SysAdmin1 & Unix SysAdmin2 in the
Center for Lifelong Learning at Cardiff Uni.
The course was very good, although some of it was very dated, and
didnt try to teach optional components like LDAP, concentrating on
shells, drive options and general config. it was also strictly Unix
not Linux and for me it was interesting to see the differences as i
had previously never used a Unix machine, just plenty of distros.

I suppose the aim of the gaim is to prove your skills to people and to
do that the exam would have to be recognised, possibly by non *nix
users, so my next step would be to do a RH basic sys admin.
I would also stress that I still dont like Redhat/Fedora2, I prefer
Debian, but I believe that if you play with any distro enough, it
becomes your own.