[SWLUG] Getting old machine working

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Fri Dec 10 11:29:13 UTC 2004

Steve Hill wrote:

> Hmm.. that's very silly... I guess you can probably fit every piece of
> beeb software ever written on a 512MB card.

If you think that's silly, have a look at this:

http://www.zxplus3e.plus.com/

How to connect an IDE hard drive to a Spectrum +3. If there was an
Ethernet connection expansion I'd SO be there! Incidentally, back in
1996 I knew someone who had a Spectrum hooked up to a 386 running Linux
as a terminal, and did it purely so that he could get Lynx running on
it... that's a whole new level of Geek to me!

Steve