[SWLUG] Speedtouch DSL modem

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 19:51:46 UTC 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 19:28, Peter Bradley wrote:
> Ysgrifennodd Adam Rykala:
> <snip />
>
> > Anyone knowledgeable on Speedtouch USB ADSL modems. Mines working, but if
> > the line drops it sometimes complains about N_HDLC being in use.....?

> To be honest, you've worked a minor miracle in my view getting the
> speedtouch modem to work at all.  I gave up, and bought a DSL router -
> which gives me no trouble at all.

I was tempted ... but it was free ;-) I ran the stuff from
speedtouchconf.sourceforge.net and it worked a charm

What I have noticed is the occasional kernel panic if i unplug it, and very
occasionally if the link drops it doesn't come straight back up without a
little playing around. I guess I could spend some time hacking diald to do it
but I'm wary of breaking something I have fixed ;-)

adam rykala - pgp key id: 0x009078ab
the new-wales project / mozilla firefox / this system kills

Clock strikes twelve and moondrops burst
Out at you from their hiding place
Like acid and oil on a madman's face
His reason tends to fly away