[SWLUG] DVI to VGA Adapters ?

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Thu Dec 23 08:54:24 UTC 2004

NullMind wrote:
> Does anybody know where can I find a DVI to VGA adapter in the
> Cardiff area .. I am unfamiliar with the local computer stores around
> here, I called Dixons .. but they had none :(

You'd be lucky to find anything useful in Dixons. You could try PC World
on Newport Road, but they're staffed entirely by numpties, in my
experience (getting a Bluetooth dongle in there was the most frustrating
half hour I've had in a shop for some time...)

But for something like that, try Maplin on City Road. If you can put up
with what is the worst designed e-commerce site I've ever seen, you
could try a search on maplin.co.uk to make sure they stock them, and
note down the stock number - even if the staff there don't know the name
of something they can check the numbers for you.

Steve