[SWLUG] AMD K6 450

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Feb 8 12:58:44 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:35:44PM +0000 or thereabouts, Peter Joseph wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 14:25, Rhys Sage wrote:
> >
> > So, I'm looking for a replacement K6 450 and would
> > appreciate any pointers that do not involve online
> > fraudsters.
>
> I can only honestly suggest Ebay etc, that kind of hardware
> certainly isnt available new. I doubt that your Ebay problems
> are intentional, more a case of people selling of surplus
> hardware and not testing it before dispatch :D

I'm just trying to work out what kind of fraudster would
bother trying to shift a broken K6. I mean, it's not
exactly a high-profit transaction, is it?

> You might try computer fairs that you often see about the place on
> Sundays..they sell all kinds of stuff new and old at that sort of thing!

Local problem. They were held at the leisure centre in Swansea.
The leisure centre is now closed for mainten^Wdemolition. They
were getting a bit rubbish there though anyway. I know there are
reasonable fairs in Bristol. Don't know about Cardiff?

Telsa