[SWLUG] AMD K6 450

nat nat at nuqe.net
Mon Feb 9 14:11:47 UTC 2004

earlier <rhys_sage at yahoo.com> wrote...

> Has anybody a working (spare) AMD K6 450?

i havent, _but_ in the summer after have a drink in a local pub i saw
one twinkling discarded on the floor outside a local computer shop. bizzare.

> I bought a K6 450 on ebay some while ago but when I
> tried it over the weekend, it turned out be landfill
> (pretty much like everything else I've ever had from
> ebay).

i've had a resonable success with ebay, just make sure they have a
resonable rating before you buy, read previous feed back etc.

theres some great bargins on there at the moment, compaq small form
factor low spec p3's and p2's for 90quid etc. also it is worth checking
out uk.adverts.computer on usenet / google groups.

> So, I'm looking for a replacement K6 450 and would
> appreciate any pointers that do not involve online
> fraudsters.

over the past few years i've bought a fair bit of 'old new stuff'
from AUT Direct, they have stocks of all sorts of usefull stuff
like socket370 piii's etc. usefull for building resonable spec
rackmounts etc.

they have some K6 processors in:
http://www.autdirect.co.uk/acatalog/A_U_T_Direct_Socket_7_Processors_55.html

all the best from haverfordwest.