[SWLUG] Re: K6 + Carmarthen

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 14:47:00 UTC 2004

At the moment I've got the old PC working with the
original P166. It seems to work well enough under
Windows 98. I did hear tell there was a lightweight
GUI interface I could use instead of KDE which would
speed Mandrake up a lot. Alternatively, I could run a
different Linux distribution. Are there any with a GUI
interface that would run well on a P166. I gather
Mandrake 9 used to but 9.1 onwards does not.

As far as Carmarthen is concerned, it sounds good for
a midday meeting. Interestingly, there's a station in
Gowerton but trains to Carmarthen don't stop there.

Rhys