[SWLUG] Carmarthen & ISPs

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 17:34:57 UTC 2004

On 17:23 Wed 11 Feb     , Gareth Bowker wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 16:43, Rhys Sage wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking of changing ISPs. I've been complaining
> > to Freeserve about non-delivery of email for a long
> > time. Their response seems to be that they know they
> > have spammers on their servers and that they didn't
> > seem to be too bothered about them. I've just
> > challenged them to give me a discount for my
> > non-delivered emails.
>
> I don't see how having "spammers on their servers" stops your e-mail
> getting through.

Because then other sites reject your mail because freeserve's smtp servers
are blacklisted?

We had a simillar problem at work, someone had an open relay on the same
NTL netblock as us, hence a lot of sites were bouncing our mail. It's
something to take up with the site that's rejecting the mail really tho -
they are the ones being too agressive with their blocking (although it
would help if ISPs like tiscali and freeserve were more stringent in
enforcing their ToS...)

Cheers

B.

B.