[SWLUG] Carmarthen & ISPs

Philip Barnes phil at trig222.f9.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 19:38:23 UTC 2004

> At the moment I'm paying £15 per month for 50k. I know
> Tiscali is doing £15 for 150k and constant connection.
> Does anybody know whether the Penclawdd exchange can
> take broadband? Also, does anybody have any
> suggestions as to cheaper/better ISPs.

Hi
First I'd better introduce myself, I've been lurking for a little while but
have never posted here before. I live in Leicestershire, but my family were
from South Wales and I used to spend much of my summer holidays in the
Merthyr valley, Treharris to be more exact, so I have subscribed here out of
my interest for the area and to see what is going on with Linux there.
I do occasionally attend Leicester LUG meetings.

I am with Force9, http://www.f9.net.uk,  and they do ADSL Home Surf for £18.99
per month for a 500K connection, it excludes P2P or binary newsgroups. They
also do a 150K like Tiscalli, not sure if its real ADSL as the USB modem
doesn't seem to be optional, so I'm not sure how if it would work with linux.

Phil

PS Apologies to Rhys, who got a personal copy of my mailing, I hit reply
without looking at the destination, was expecting the group to be in reply
to.