[SWLUG] carmarthen

Alan Harris alanh at bryngwyn.carmarthen.sch.uk
Fri Feb 13 09:37:03 UTC 2004

Hi all,

OK, Carmarthen.

I have a possible venue for a meet in Carmarthen, it's a Guide Hall in a
fairly accessable position but would have to check on availability.
There would probably be a charge for it's use but, it has heating,
power, space, toilets and a kitchen. In the past I've used it for gaming
events on saturdays which has cost approx £10 - £15 for a full days use.

There ara trains from Swansea that stop at Gowerton but it does tend to
be a request stop. From carmarthen station to the Guide hall is approx
15-20 mins walk. There is a fairly active Linux community in Carmarthen
in terms of secondary schools use (at least at server level). It's also
possible that we might be able to use either the Community centre by St
Peters Church or there is a large room available in the town library but
i've no idea what charges might be made. If you want beer then it'll
have to be a pub otherwise it's takeaways and no beer......

Alan