[SWLUG] disheartened

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 01:05:20 UTC 2004

I've been slogging away for the past couple of days
trying to get my server to work with XP. It worked
fine with NT and 98. It's just XP it seems to have a
problem with. It seems as if everything I want XP to
do, XP doesn't want to do although that which it does
do, it does well.

Currently, I'm faced with having to pull the plug on
the server without shutting it down. It's refusing to
respond to Putty and Internet Explorer. It won't and
never has shared direcories with XP like it did with
98 and NT. The whole saga can be found here:

http://contribs.org/modules/pbboard/viewtopic.php?t=20891&PHPSESSID=7c420b3b89588f71e6dab135068bb12d

Obviously, I can't continue with a server that won't
respond or work in a logical manner. Looks like if XP
won't talk to Linux, I'll have to find a pirate copy
of XP server.

Rhys