[SWLUG] code copyright headers

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 21:15:48 UTC 2004

Hi All,
I have some code written by me during my bachelors degree, some of which I
have agreed in principal to make available to a colleague at my university.

I am under the usual 'all your code are belong to us' type contract.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable copyright header for the source? I
currently just have ones simillar to this:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// main.c 15/11/2003
//
// Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Bryn Reeves - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
//
// Not for distribution.
//
// Test harness for the mffd code
//

When it's in a fit state, I intend to make the whole body of code available
under the GPL, however, due to my contractual position, I am considering
GPL'ing everything before passing it on at all. I am worried about loosing
control of some code which has sentimental value! ;)

I realise this isn't a legal discussion list, and IANAL either, but if
has any views or experience to share, I'd be very grateful to hear them
before persuing this further.

Cheers,

Bryn.

PS:- it's an implementation of a nice image warping algorithm, if anyone's
interested drop me an email, paper available here:

http://www.postech.ac.kr/~leesy/ftp/tvcg96.pdf