[SWLUG] First real post

Peter Joseph kneecaps at shockpulse.co.uk
Sun Feb 29 20:41:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 14:00, Daniel T. Morgan wrote:

> Now somebody tells me I need to recompile the kernel, now this has always
> been the dead end I reach with nix, I am absolutely lost with where to go
> now. There a nice thing I can read to learn about compiling the kernel for
> idiots, and/or when and if I can, is this necessary, and what exactly do I
> need to do/add to the kernel.

If it turns out one of the precompiled Debian kernel images does not
suit your needs for some reason, luckily as you are using Debian some
simple tools are provided to allow simplified kernel building.
Essentially tools are provided to allow you to put together your own
kernel packages.

Take a look at the debian 'make-kpkg' package and the kernel source
packages. But thats something to work on when the need arises.

Peter

--
Peter Joseph  		                  Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer
kneecaps at shockpulse.co.uk                         kneecaps at debian.org
http://www.shockpulse.co.uk/                   http://www.debian.org/
   "If there were no god, we would have to invent him." - Voltaire
			PGP Key: 598454F1