[SWLUG] Advice on upgrading Linux

linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 13:49:06 UTC 2004

I am about to take the plunge and upgrade to Fedora. I have a magazine DVD.

I have a twin disk system one with windows the other with RH 7.2.
My Linux disk is partitioned with separate partitions for things like home.

I plan to copy some chunks from my home directory onto the Windose disk as a back up. Anything else I should save?

Any other hints would be very welcome particularly as to how I avoid wiping data during the upgrade. If anyone needs to send me personal email replies please either reply to the address in this email or better send it to neil<at> butterflyguy.com

Neil Jones
http://www.butterflyguy.com