[SWLUG] Responses

Foeh Mannay f.mannay at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 6 15:26:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've built leads in the past to allow me to connect stuff to my psion 5
using the provided serial cable. As Justin says, the cable Psion
provide is gendered and pinned out to talk to a PC's serial port (a la
null modem) and so you will need to buy or build a crossover & gender
changer module. It's simple enough to build one with a couple of quid
worth of maplin bits (2 x male Ds and some wire & solder) and some info
from the Internet. I use my psion and the cable I built all the time to
do small configuration jobs on routers and switches.

That should allow your 5mx to physically talk to the Garmin - whether
you can make it do anything useful with the information is another
matter - if the protocol is even documented.

Foeh