[SWLUG] tweaking for sound performance

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 23:07:28 UTC 2004

what, if any, tweaks might there be to improve sound performance on an old
system with a slow processor and an isa soundcard, the card is an sb32awe
which was quite reasonable in its day, the processor an amd 5x86 - unknown
speed - , the machine has no other purpose but to play mp3s, the decoding of
which i think is the reason it's being pushed just a little beyond its
capabilities, i've tried to install the most basic debian i could plus what
was required for alsa, i'm fairly convinced there isn't much i can do but i
wouldn't want to give up until i've tried everything

bascule
--
Not only did I wipe Lemmings from my hard disc, I overwrote it so's I
couldn't get it back.