[SWLUG] tweaking for sound performance

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 21:06:26 UTC 2004

i found an unofficial deb for mplayer and installed it, reading the manpage i
could find no 'buffer' option, there is a cache feature but all that seems to
do is cache a certain percentage in advance, once the files has finished
playing it pause while it caches the beginning of the next file in the
playlist, also once the cache has played i get stuttering,
what option should i use to get read ahead buffering?
also, if i wish to have mplayer without lots of X related dependencies will i
have to compile my own version?

bascule

--
"But you read a lot of books, I'm thinking. Hard to have faith, ain't it,
when you've read too many books?"