[SWLUG] Fwd: Request to mailing list Discuss rejected

Dick Bain dick at towy71.uklinux.net
Wed Jul 14 17:28:34 UTC 2004

Foeh Mannay wrote:
> To whoever composed the note below (I could guess who, but I won't):
>
> Manners cost nothing. Evidently when I last re-installed I set my mail
> client to use the wrong e-mail address to post on this list. It is not
> an intentional ploy to irritate you, and a simple note pointing out
> that I was posting with an unregistered address would have had the
> desired effect. There is no need to be so patronising over a simple
> mistake. It is precisely this kind of attitude that gives techies (and
> particularly *nix users) a bad name.
>
> Foeh

Foeh
moderators are usually very busy people who have foolishly volunteered
for the job and then work selflessly to service us doodahs that don't
keep up <guilty smirk>
if they is a little short with us thats not their fault they just don't
really need that extra onerous little task.
I certainly would not volunteer for the job but I suppose.... no don't
even go there I only have a very slow dial-up account (thanks to a
struggling little telecoms outfit BT.COM)
just hope this is going out from the right email tho ;-)
Dick