[SWLUG] How do I find the reason for a website refusing to connect

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 08:49:43 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

A website belonging to an American charity is not working. I am getting
a "connection was refused when attemting to contact ...."
message from Epiphany and Konqueror says Could not connect to host.
I can ping the address quite sucessfully.

Since I am invoved with a UK equivalent of the American Charity I would like
to offer them some diagnostic advice.

Any ideas what could be causing this and what if any diagnostic tools I could
simply use from this end to find out what is the matter.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog