[SWLUG] SuSE update

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 21 15:53:47 UTC 2004

Peter,

Since I compiled my own kernel, I needed to use the nvidia driver that
compiles itself. It's a single binary from the nvidia site that I just
run every time I change my kernel and it works very well - in fact I
think there's only one file to download these days and it does all the
deciding which drivers you need for your architecture / kernel. You
essentially say "yes" to a few things and it does the rest for you. I
think it depends on having kernel headers installed. The nvidia faq is
pretty good if I remember rightly and should explain all.

Of course, it depends on Internet connectivity, so you want to hope the
kernel patch doesn't break your NIC support!

Foeh