[SWLUG] Alan's open letter

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Jun 8 10:01:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:34:59AM +0100 or thereabouts, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:30:31 +0100
> <marcusdavage at onetel.net.uk> wrote:
>
> > I have just received a reply from our two MEPs, Glenys
> > Kinnock and Eluned Morgan who said that they are "not in
> > favour of patenting of software as in the US",
>
> According to Telsa's mail, Glynis Kinnock voted in favour. Might be worth
> asking her to clarify why, if she's not in favour of patenting s/w, she
> voted for it.

Yeah, definitely! I thought at first I had misunderstood the page I
was looking at, but I found another page which says the same thing:
http://beauprez.net/softpat/lobbybase/search.php?region=&country=UK&party=

and it leads onto this page with an amendment-by-amendment breakdown:
http://beauprez.net/softpat/lobbybase/mepsummary.php?name=Kinnock

Interesting.

Telsa