[SWLUG] Eisteddfod

Chris M. Jackson chris at zenii.linux.org.uk
Fri Jun 11 22:19:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 20:49, Peter (dsl) wrote:
> Oh! And my wife would probably want me to say that the Newport area is the
> fastest growning area for Welsh speaking in Wales, according to the census.
> Starting from a low base point mind.

To abuse what must by now be an old joke (and if it isn't, why?):
"The number of Welsh speakers in Newport has doubled since the last
census.  Evidently Mr. & Mrs. Jones in Cleppa Park have had twins." 8)

I'll see about turning up there for at least one day this year.  After
all, it is only a 10-minute drive (therefore a 30-minute bus ride) away
from me.

--
Chris M. Jackson <chris at zenii.linux.org.uk>
The Welsh Gnome Cabal.  Wait, there is no cabal ...