[SWLUG] Eisteddfod

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters.net
Sat Jun 12 11:13:53 UTC 2004

Lyn David Thomas wrote:
> Speaking of which, I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Cymrux to
> demonstrate it to the Plaid spokesperson on culture, sport, the arts and
> the Welsh language in the National Assembly.... Its going to be years
> before MS catch up - and it would be good to show an alternative.  I
> think some work explaining what Open Source etc would be good too.

Kevin Donnelly is mailing Cymrux CDs to anyone who wants one.  Quoting from
his Kyfieithu web site: "If you would like a Cymrux CD, send your postal
address to me at kevin-wrth-dotmon(.com), and I will put one in the post."

Whenever you get a chance to talk to any politician, it's probably also not
a bad idea to educate them about the dangers of software patents too, while
you're at it.  The more awareness that gets raised about this topic among
political circles, the better.

FYI, Linux Pro (the free mag that's "bundled" with Linux Format) has a
nicely written two-page article on software patents this month, which I
thought spelled out some of the drawbacks of software patentability in plain
language that any intelligent person can understand.

Regards,
Dafydd Walters.