[SWLUG] NFS Slow Boot

Lee Westlake lee_westlake at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 01:24:59 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I've been running a Fedora box for a couple of months, and have
experienced absolutely no problems at all.

However, having simply enabled internet access by specifying a recently
installed wireless router as the default DNS, NFS services now take
approx 5-10 minutes to boot.

As the DNS entry is the only modification I have made to this
configuration, does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong.

Please note, the internet does not appear to work without the DNS entry
and both NFS server/client services are required on this box.

Cheers

Lee.